So we have internet access now! Wow. It is running via a satellite dish on the top of our new building, which is coming along nicely (although at least 3 months behind schedule).
In other news:
- The date for the Health Summit has finally been set, 20th of July. It's been a lesson in sitting back and letting them work it out for themselves
- The review of Bougainville's development priorities is slowly lumbering forward. Recently visited the Carteret Islands, a group of five coral atolls just past the horizon line. Was amazing and promise will put in some blog entries soon
- Will be launching the ABG Corporate Plan this month (I hope), almost exactly 12 months after we first began working on it!
- I've been preparing advice for the Minister of Finance on financial (mis)management within Government…has been interesting
- I am juggling about seven different projects at the moment, but am finally getting on top of things
- Next holiday is scheduled for September. Will be running around in the Highlands and some of the coastal areas (Madang, Rabaul)
- I have two currently homeless VSA volunteers moving in for a week or two, and possibly a permanent flatmate from late August onwards
- I thought it would be cool to hold a concert in August with me mate Francis. Time will tell whether that was a good idea
Ka kite ano.